Last year I tried to repair the forehatch, getting a new Lexan (Perspex) clear panel made. It was less leaky but still not good enough. So I bought a new Bainbridge Storm 60 hatch with a flat base (easier to fit..) , and have been struggling to fit it these last few weeks.
The Bainbridge hatch is very flat. The hatch entrance is curved, the back more so than the front.
And the Bainbridge hatch base is surprisingly bendable! The hatch base screwed down and conformed to the curves nicely, whereas the lid did not. Ho hum. So I took it off, straightened it and built up the sides with teak shims and epoxy filler.
The hatchway. The back, by the babystay, has more curve than the front.
Grotty old hatch. Made in England – you don’t see that any more.
Bendy new Bainbridge hatch.
From the inside.
I have some tidying up to do, and then we shall see if it leaks!